Caffeine, Nicotine and Peanut M&M's !

Sometimes. not very often, but once in a VERY blue moon, having diabetes actually rocks! Like when I wake up with a BS level of 47 and get to eat candy for breakfast! Guilt free even, I mean, I needed the sugar, and, I could claim the peanuts were for the protein Right on!

I am hoping the whole candy for breakfast thing is a harbinger of good things to come today. I could use a good day! After three trips to the ER in just under a week, I am quite frankly, tired of being poked, prodded, and stabbed with sharp objects.

Despite waking up to a low today I actually feel better I think. Some of the swelling in my abdomen has go down, and I don't feel so bloated and uncomfortable. We shall see if going to work helps, or makes it worse. I am in a good mood, and will hope for the best!

I am going to the free diabetes clinic tommorow, I only have few test strips left and have been testing almost every couple hours the last week and will continue to need to do so for a bit untill I get my numbers under control. They are still wildly fluctuating!

Thursday I will buy some slim fast optima, I'm putting on weight and you KNOW that doesn't make me happy!

Oh, and on a lighter note, the nurse at the hospital last night thought my fiance was my son lol She was commisserating with him about how her dad doesn't take his insulin properly either, so she knows how he feels. He IS younger than me, but I like to think I don't look like his mother! Must be time to dye my hair again

Now go enjoy some good music!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Quotable

"Try not, do, or do not" - Yoda

"God is in love with love, so live and love, and that's enough" - Billy Jonas

"Love is the reason"

"The past is but a beginning of a beginning, and all that is, and has been, is but the twilight of the dawn". - H.G. Wells

Sometimes, I'm sassy...

"I came here to chew gum and kick ass. Hmm... I'm all out of gum"

"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher

"You'd better put a condom on - if you're gonna act like a dick, you need to dress like one" - HBI member Robin

Around the World

Blog contents © Living the Big D 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.