My numbers hung low, and they swung to and fro...

I felt all tied up in a knot, I felt all tied up in a bow...

All hilarity aside, my numbers WERE really low last night! I checked before bed last night, was at 87, so, I had some crackers, and some popcorn and figured that would hold me through the night. I woke up at midnight, at 53, so I had some glucose tablets, and my fiance, bless his heart, made me two slices of garlic bread. I would have thought THAT would have held mill until the A.M, but NO, I was up again at 3:30, lying on my back, tired, groggy, and slightly disoriented from yet ANOTHER low, once again eating glucose tablets, complaining I was still over full from earlier, and my tummy hurt. Woke up feeling like I'd been run over twice, but with a BS of 148. Thank the Gods, sometimes it's a wonder the cure doesn't kill us!

Despite the rough night I did indeed make it to the free clinic, which, cost me $105.00 dollars lol. Apparently, the free clinic isn't free anymore. Due to funding cuts they now charge a sliding fee scale. My co-payment ended up being $25.00. Do NOT get me wrong though, I am in NO way complaining! I could not believe all that my puny $25 dollar contribution bought me ) It covered my visit with the doctor, yes, a REAL doctor that specializes in diabetes control. It also covered my blood tests, and my urine test. If I didn't think that was enough for my money, it also covered my prescriptions, which were a bottle of 80 Cozaar pills, two vials of Novalin N, and, get this, 3 Humalog quick pens, a months worth! I was soooooo excited! So much easier than carting around needles and a vial, wow, I feel like I'm living the high life! An insulin pen!

Now, just because the place was oh-so-groovy, they also supplied me with regular needles, as well as needles for my pen, and alchohol swabs. And last, but not least, glucose tablets in case I enjoy my new pen too much lol. All for $25 !?!

Wow, I love the not so free, free clinic.

Oh yeah, I forgot, they also gave me a new glucose meter, a Bayer Contour. Pretty color too I DID have to actually pay for my strips, however, once again, I am not complaining, they cost me $80 for 200. A pretty nice deal if you ask me. I am all set for at least a month now for the grand total of $105 dollars.

Oh, and they measured and weighed me. I have gained TWELVE pounds in a week! OMG how does that HAPPEN?!?
Okie, I realize that I was drastically dehydrated last week, and maybe 5-6 pounds of that weight is water gain, but gr, that still leaves 5 pounds of actual weight gain. I just about cried on the spot! I did exclaim, outloud even, "I gained weight? OMG, I'm getting FAT". They just looked at me strangely and said no, I'm not fat, not at all. I wondered with my inside voice how they could NOT see that I steadily expanding, right before thier eyes, kind of like the blueberry girl in Willy Wonka! I worried they would have to roll me out of thier office, like a big yoga ball, by the time it was all said and done. Tommorow is payday, and I WILL be buying slimfast!

One wierd note, I'm growing. Not only out, but UP. I'm getting taller. Strange thing that. I have actually grown 2 inches since my early twenties. I have never heard of that before. I have steadily gained aprox 1/2 inch every five years for the last 20 years. No one else I know has done that. I thought we shrunk as we aged? I am now 5'4 and 1/2. Good new is it changes my BMI ratio! Sweet stuff!

Lastly, they changed my insulin from Novalin R to Humalog. Hopefully it won't stack up and cause a low like taking my Novalin R seems to do. We shall see

Now, go enjoy some good music!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Quotable

"Try not, do, or do not" - Yoda

"God is in love with love, so live and love, and that's enough" - Billy Jonas

"Love is the reason"

"The past is but a beginning of a beginning, and all that is, and has been, is but the twilight of the dawn". - H.G. Wells

Sometimes, I'm sassy...

"I came here to chew gum and kick ass. Hmm... I'm all out of gum"

"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher

"You'd better put a condom on - if you're gonna act like a dick, you need to dress like one" - HBI member Robin

Around the World

Blog contents © Living the Big D 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.