The wheels on the bus go round and round...

I sold my moped almost two weeks ago, actually, my fiance and I both sold our mopeds. We are using the money for a new apartment when we get moved back to the mainland. We really did not expect them to sell in the first 24 hours after we posted them on our local craigslist. They did though and I was suddenly faced with walking back and forth (2.7 miles each way) to work 4 times a week. I braved the long trek the first week, however, in this second week my arthritus (in my feet, my knees, my hips and my spine) has gotten the best of me. After repeatedly coming home feeling like I must have traveled to the center of the earth and back, my sense of self preservation kicked in and I have been riding the bus.

Wow, riding the bus is an experience all to itself! The first couple days I only rode it to work, not home. It wasn't bad, except the driver does NOT wait for you to sit down, he just takes off like a bat outta, well, you know, and throws you into your seat! I have since learned to hold on to anything available until I find a place to sit down :)

On Tuesday I took the bus home too. That was an eventful ride. The bus driver got all mad at the people on the bus and started yelling about how he works until midnight, and we could just sit on the side of the road for the rest of his shift, he didn't care! All I could think was "What!?! I'm gonna be stuck on the bus till midnight?". Seriously though, I found it very disconcerting to have some strange man (and he was strange) bellowing that he was in control of when/if we got off the bus!

Today wasn't all that much better. The driver was nice enough, or at least, not down right scary. But the problem with busses is not only the people that drive them sometimes, but that they run on a schedule. A schedule that doesn't always fit in nicely with mine. I had to get up at 3:30 am this morning to get to work on time! I dealt with that though, but it did make for a long day.  When I finally got out of work, late of course, I was strutting (okie, more like gimping) my way to the bus stop, enjoying a smoke, and what do I spy down the street? My bus coming! I was still half a block away, and across a very busy street! I ran down the sidewalk at a pace I havn't ran since middle school, almost getting hit by two cars running across aforementioned busy street, and yes, it was against the light (I'm SO rude), saying "No, no, no" to myself the whole way. I so, SO, so, did NOT want to wait for the number 9 bus to come around again. But, the luck of the Irish was with me, as I said before the driver was nice, saw me running, and waited for me! Thank the Gods!

I made it home, too late to have lunch with my sweetie, STILL feeling like I'd been to the center of the earth and back.

Now go listen to some good music!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Quotable

"Try not, do, or do not" - Yoda

"God is in love with love, so live and love, and that's enough" - Billy Jonas

"Love is the reason"

"The past is but a beginning of a beginning, and all that is, and has been, is but the twilight of the dawn". - H.G. Wells

Sometimes, I'm sassy...

"I came here to chew gum and kick ass. Hmm... I'm all out of gum"

"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher

"You'd better put a condom on - if you're gonna act like a dick, you need to dress like one" - HBI member Robin

Around the World

Blog contents © Living the Big D 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.